Pearls From the Throne – Revelation 4 & 5
Ideally, this document should be read in conjunction with the document entitled: Who Currently Has Dominion Over Planet Earth, Jesus or Satan?
In this so-called age of CyberSpace within which we live, thanks to projects like the Hubble Telescope and more latterly the International Space Station, mankind has entrée into the vast and incalculable reaches of our universe and beyond. Discoveries are being made today that just a decade ago would have been unthinkable! In many scientific quarters the quest for life in outer space continues unabated. And yet… if man would but for a moment, put aside his unbelief and pride and turn to the Christian Bible the pearls are there —just waiting to be discovered!
The incredibly detailed pictures that Hubble has transmitted back to earth (visit Google Earth) over the years reveal to a miniscule degree the existence of millions upon millions of galaxies, solar systems and their planets. The pictures of the quasars and nebulae etc — are truly awesome! The colours and designs are beyond comprehension and clearly reveal the hand of a Supreme Creator. In affirmation, Psalm 19:1 says,
“The heavens declare the glory of God; and the expanse proclaims His handiwork.”
Our precious Holy Spirit through the word is telling and confirming that beloved Abba and His Son, as a master craftsman at His Father’s side has created everything — seen and unseen! The book of Job further confirms this in the dialogue between our heavenly Father and Job. Isaiah the Old Testament prophet when referring to Lucifer’s downfall said the following:
“For you (Lucifer) have said in your heart, I will go up to the heavens, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount (New Jerusalem) of the congregation, in the sides of the north. I will go up above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the Most High“. (Is 14:13-14)
The above scripture very definitely confirms that there is celestial ‘existence’ way beyond our known galaxy. The scroll of Revelation expands: “O Lord, You are worthy to receive glory and honor and power, because You created all things, and for Your will (pleasure) they are and were created.” (Rev 4:11)
The scroll of Revelation is packed with heavenly pearls from beginning to end. Therefore, it is so sad that relatively speaking very few Christians read the book of Revelation in its entirety. The Throne as recorded in Chapter Four and Five is no exception and in fact may well be the pinnacle of all the pearls to be found in the entire Bible.
A few years ago our beloved Holy Spirit impressed upon my heart that I should commit to memory Chapter Four and Five of the Revelation. At my age, this was quite a daunting undertaking… or so I thought? Ultimately I had difficulty retaining Chapter Five and because of this, as far as possible I have endeavoured to read these two chapters on a daily basis. Being inexorably drawn to Chapter Four and Five over time has revealed some amazing pearls from within; therefore, it gives me great joy to share with the saints around the world via our Web Site the relevance of these peals to our generation.
The Throne Area
It must be very clearly understood that outside of the content of Chapter Four nothing exists: past, present and future. This is unquestionably the ‘power base’ and centre of all creation, known and unknown (to man). As to the locality of Abba’s throne, the following scriptures from the book of Isaiah and the Psalms shed some light on this matter:
“For you have said in your heart, I will go up to the heavens, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north.” Isaiah 14:13
“Beautiful on high, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King. Psalm 48:2
The ‘north’ referred to in the above scriptures I presume to be ‘true’ north and not ‘magnetic’ north. Therefore, hypothetically speaking, if one were to travel true north for an undetermined period of X,Y,Z light years he/she would eventually arrive at the locality of the New Jerusalem — the Great I Am’ Throne. I emphasize the hypothetical nature of the aforementioned scenario. Because, in reality no human (flesh) can live long enough to undertake such a journey given the enormous distance involved. Also, it is unlikely that existing spacecraft technology would allow for such a journey.
A close study of Chapter Four reveals that the primary activity within the precincts of the Throne Area is praise and worship, and the Great I AM is the sole recipient of this adoration.
“…and behold, a throne was set in Heaven (3rd), and One sat upon the throne. And He who sat there looked like a jasper stone and a sardius. And a rainbow was around the throne, looking like an emerald.” Rev 4:2 – 3
“And around the throne I saw twenty-four thrones. And on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white clothing. And they had crowns of gold on their heads. And out of the throne came lightnings and thunderings and voices. And seven lamps of fire were burning in front of the throne, which are the seven spirits of God. And a sea of glass was in front of the throne, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures, full of eyes in front and behind. And the first living creature was like a lion, and the second living creature like a calf, and the third living creature had the face of a man, and the fourth living creature like a flying eagle. And each one of the four living creatures had six wings about him, and within being full of eyes. And they had no rest day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God, the Almighty, who was and is and is to come. And whenever the living creatures gave glory and honor and thanks to Him who sat on the throne, who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders fell down before the One sitting on the throne. And they worshiped Him who lives for ever and ever, and threw their crowns before the throne, saying, O Lord, You are worthy to receive glory and honor and power, because You created all things, and for Your will they are and were created. Rev. 4:4-11
1) Abba’s Throne is positionally the centre of the Throne Area.
2) A 360 degree rainbow in appearance like an emerald encompasses the Throne.
3) Out of the Throne emanates lightenings, thunders and voices.
4) Seven lamps of fire burn before the Throne, which are the seven spirits of God (Isaiah 11:2).
5) Before the Throne is a sea of glass like crystal.
6) In the midst of the Throne and around the Throne are the four living creatures. These are the selfsame living creatures seen and described by the prophet Ezekiel.
7) Roundabouts the Throne are twenty-four thrones, and upon these thrones are the twenty-four elders who are wearing crowns of gold and are clothed in white raiment. The crowns indicate that they have already received their rewards.
8) The four living beings and the twenty-four elders, together with myriads of angels continually worship —The Great I Am! In response to the above what can one say but, AWESOME! Voices! thunders! and lightings! Reveal the glory and intensity of the power emanating from the Throne. No human will ever stand before this awesome display of power!
“And I saw a book (scroll) on the right of Him sitting on the throne, written inside and on the back, sealed with seven seals. And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book and to loosen its seals? And no one in Heaven, nor on the earth, nor under the earth, was able to open the book or to look at it. And I wept very much, because no one was found worthy to open and to read the book, nor to look at it. And one of the elders said to me, Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the book and to loose the seven seals of it. And I looked, and lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, amidst the elders, a Lamb stood, as if it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. And He came and took the book out of the right hand of Him sitting on the throne. And when He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one having harps and golden vials full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. And they sang a new song, saying, You are worthy to take the book and to open its seals, for You were slain and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every kindred and tongue and people and nation. And You made us kings and priests to our God, and we will reign over the earth. And I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, and the living creatures and the elders. And the number of them was myriads and myriads, and thousands of thousands, saying with a great voice, Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing. And I heard every creature which is in the Heaven and on the earth, and under the earth, and those that are in the sea, and all who are in them, saying, Blessing and honor and glory and power be to Him sitting on the throne, and to the Lamb forever and ever. And the four living creatures said, Amen. And the twenty-four elders fell down and worshiped the One living forever and ever.” Rev 5:1- 14
Chapter Five incorporates the basic structure of Abba’s Throne i.e. rainbow, the sea of glass together with the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders.
Whilst there are parallels in the basic structure there are major factorial differences with obviously attendant paradigm ramifications!
- The Great I Am has a scroll sealed with seven seals in His right hand written within and without.
- A proclamation, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loosen its seals?
- The above question in terms of its implication is an earthshaking time-splitting heavenly moment! And surely has as its counterpart the last words spoken by our beloved Saviour on the cross, “It is finished!” Never before in all eternity has such a question been posed. We need to pause for a moment to consider the magnitude of the question and the ensuing answer… “Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loosen its seals?” The heavenly response, “And no one in Heaven, nor on the earth, nor under the earth, was able to open the scroll or to look at it.” The implications of this announcement are I am quite sure beyond human comprehension!
- Given the solemn nature of the question, John understandably responds in the only way he knows how, “And I wept very much, because no one was found worthy to open and to read the scroll, nor to look at it. And no one in Heaven, or on the earth, or under the earth, was able to open the scroll or to look at it.” The realization that no one in the heavenly assembly, or upon the earth, or under the earth is worthy leaves him completely grief-stricken! And therefore, he weeps tears of bitter grief! Praise Abba! His grief is short lived…
- “And one of the elders said to me,” Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose the seven seals of it.” Isn’t it awesome! Of all creation, only the Lamb is worthy (qualifies) to take the scroll and loose the seven seals thereof. The reason he alone qualifies becomes evident a little later.
- “And I looked, and lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, amidst the elders, a Lamb stood, as if it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.” The Throne Area now has another inhabitant in the form of a Lamb. Who or what is this Lamb? This Lamb is none other than the sacrificial Lamb slain before the foundation of the earth ─ Jesus Christ, Son of the great I Am. He posses the seven spirits of God which go forth into all the earth.
- “And He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him sitting on the throne. And when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one having harps and golden vials full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. And they sang a new song, saying, You are worthy to take the scroll…” Awesome! The four living creatures and the twenty-four elders now prostrate themselves before theLamb and sing a new song in his honour. In the previous chapter they were worshiping beloved Abba. The switch in obeisance illustrates the heavenly significance of the Lamb’s legal right to take the scroll from His Father’s right hand.
- The new song sung by the living beings and the elders confirms the Lamb’s legal rights. By His sacrificial atonement He legally bought back through His redemptive act what was lost at the fall namely, everlasting life. His willingness to become the sacrificial Lamb demonstrates unconditional love of the highest order! “And they sang a new song, saying, You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, for You were slain and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every kindred and tongue and people and nation. And You made us kings and priests to our God, and we will reign over the earth.”
- And I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, and the living creatures and the elders. And the number of them was myriads and myriads, and thousands of thousands, saying with a great voice, worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing.” The words of the song make it abundantly clear why the Lamb alone is worthy to receive the scroll and to loose the seals thereof. The heavenly pronouncement that only the Lion of the tribe of Judah is worthy to receive the scroll etc is indicative that it is Jewish time once again. In other words, Jesus is basically picking up where he left off when we recall that a week prior to the crucifixion whilst overlooking Jerusalem He made the following profound statement: “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one killing the prophets and stoning those who are sent to her, how often would I have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you would not! Behold, your house is left to you desolate. For I say to you,You shall not see Me from now on until you say, Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.” Mat. 23:37- 39.
- “And I heard every creature which is in the Heaven and on the earth, and under the earth, and those that are in the sea, and all who are in them, saying, Blessing and honor and glory and power be to Him sitting on the throne, and to the Lamb forever and ever. And the four living creatures said, Amen. And the twenty-four elders fell down and worshiped the One living forever and ever.” Rev 5:1- 14 All of creation in unison direct their praise to the Father and His Son.
There it is saints! The Lamb through His redemptive act has restored all of creation back to the Great I Am. Father and Son are united for all eternity and together share the praise and worship of the heavenly host. AWESOME
N.B. Ideally, this document should be read in conjunction with the document entitled: Who Currently Has Dominion Over Planet Earth, Jesus or Satan?
Compiled by: The Final Word Internet Ministry
Document may be copied and freely distributed as long as no charge is levied.